Turkey Smothered In Wild Mushrooms
- 4 turkey breast fillets, 1/4" thk - (3 oz ea)
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 12 ounces fresh assorted wild mushrooms sliced (such as oyster, crimini, and stemmed shiitake)
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry Sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
Sprinkle turkey fillets with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook until golden and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer turkey to 2 plates. Tent with foil to keep warm.
Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots; stir to blend. Cover and cook until mushrooms soften and release juices, about 5 minutes. Uncover and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes longer. Stir in chicken broth, Sherry, and half of tarragon. Boil until thickened to sauce consistency, scraping up browned bits, about 2 minutes. Spoon mushroom sauce over turkey. Sprinkle with remaining tarragon and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings.