Layered Green Salad
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 sm bunch of red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 sm head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 6 gr onions, thinly sliced
- 1 10oz pkg frozen gr peas
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. chopped cauliflower
- 1 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. milk
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside. In a large clear serving bowl, place the chopped lettuce and top with a layer of onion, peas, shredded cheese, cauliflower and bacon.
Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, sugar and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle over salad and refrigerate until chilled. Best if chilled 6-8 hours.