Smothered Grilled Pork Chops
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil plus
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 bone-in rib pork chops, 1" to 1 1/4"-thk - (abt 12 oz ea)
Char peppers over gas flame, in broiler, or on grill until charred on all sides. Enclose in paper bag 10 minutes. Peel and seed peppers; slice into thin strips.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until golden, about 15 minutes. Mix in flour; sauté 2 minutes. Add bell peppers, wine, vinegar, and capers; cook 1 minute. Add broth.
Increase heat; boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 4 minutes. Mix in parsley. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Rewarm before using.)
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush pork on all sides with remaining 4 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Grill until thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 145 degrees, about 10 minutes per side. Transfer chops to platter. Spoon sauce over.
This recipe yields 4 servings.