- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chilled unsalted butter - (1 1/2 sticks) cut 1/2" cubes
- 3/4 cup chilled whipping cream plus
- 2 tablespoons chilled whipping cream
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts toasted, husked, and coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons raspberry preserves
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in processor; blend 5 seconds. Add butter and blend, using on/off turns, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 3/4 cup cream. Blend, using on/off turns, just until dough comes together.
Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup nuts. Gently knead with 4 or 5 turns to mix in nuts. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces; shape each into ball. Press out each to 6-inch round (about 1/4 inch thick). Spread preserves over 2 rounds, leaving 1/2-inch plain border. Place 1 plain dough round atop each preserve-covered round; seal edges. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap in plastic and chill.)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter large baking sheet.
Place rounds on work surface. Brush each with 1 tablespoon remaining cream; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup nuts, dividing equally and pressing to adhere. Using large knife, cut each round into 6 wedges.
Arrange wedges on prepared sheet, spacing 1 inch apart. Bake scones until puffed and deep golden, about 16 minutes. Transfer to platter or napkin-lined basket. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 12 scones.
You'll also love
- Raspberry And Brown Sugar Custard... 0/5 (0 Votes)