Pear, Cherry, And Pine Nut Tartlets
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large Bartlett pear - (abt 8 oz) peeled, halved, cored, and cut into 1/4" cubes
- 3/4 cup dried Bing cherries - (abt 4 oz) coarsely chopped
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed, very cold (half of 17.3-ounce package)
- 1 large egg yolk beaten to blend
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix jam and almond extract in small saucepan. Transfer 3 tablespoons jam mixture to medium bowl. Add pear and cherries; toss.
Using 3-inch-diameter cookie cutter, cut 9 rounds from puff pastry; discard trimmings. Arrange rounds atop baking sheet, spacing evenly. Pierce center of pastries with fork, leaving 1/4-inch edge unpierced. Brush edges with beaten egg yolk. Mound fruit mixture in center of pastries, pressing to compact. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Heat remaining jam mixture in saucepan over medium-high heat until just beginning to boil. Brush jam mixture over filling and pastry edges. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Transfer tarts to rack and cool completely. (Can be made up to 8 hours ahead. Store at room temperature.)
This recipe yields 9 tartlets.