Pasta With Spicy Shrimp And Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 4 large shallots sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced drained oil-packed sun-dried
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted Kalamata olives (or other brine-cured black olives)
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice - (28 oz) drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 package linguine - (12 oz)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté until pink, about 2 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to medium bowl.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to same pot. Add shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, garlic, lemon peel, and crushed red pepper. Sauté until shallots are soft, about 4 minutes. Add canned tomatoes and simmer until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Mix in basil. Return shrimp and any juices to sauce; stir to heat through, about 1 minute.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until tender, but still firm to bite. Drain. Add pasta to sauce. Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl; top with cheese.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 main-course servings.
You'll also love
- Orange-Spice Buche De Noel With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Moroccan Lamb Kebabs With Golden... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple-Glazed Carrots 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Tuna With Herbed Aioli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon Fillets With Creamy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Clams With Spaghetti,... 0/5 (0 Votes)