Loose Meat Sandwichs
- 1 lb. of real good ground chuck or ground round
- 1 T. fat like lard (crisco)
- 2 t. salt, just enough to lightly cover bottom of skillet
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 T. prepared yellow mustard
- 1 T. vinegar
- 1 T sugar
- water to cover meet in pan
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Use cast iron skillet if you have one.
2. Melt fat over medium heat and olightly salt bottom of skillet.
3. Brown meat, working with the back of a spoon to break up meat.
4. When browned, drain off any fat and return meat to skillet
5. Add mustard, vinegar, sugar and just enough water to barely cover meat in pan.
6. Adjust salt and pepper to taste