Lemon, Sage, And Garlic Roast Chicken
- 4 chicken breast halves with skin and bones
- 8 thin lemon slices seeded
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- Olive oil as needed
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slide fingertips under chicken skin to loosen. Arrange 2 lemon slices and 3 sage leaves under skin on each breast; smooth skin over to enclose. Place chicken on rimmed baking sheet; brush with oil. Drizzle 1 teaspoon lemon juice over each breast; sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour 1/2 cup broth onto sheet around chicken.
Roast chicken until brown and cooked through, basting once or twice with pan juices, about 25 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter.
Place baking sheet directly atop 2 burners; add remaining 1/2 cup broth. Using back of fork, mash any garlic on baking sheet into broth and pan juices. Boil over high heat until broth reduces almost to glaze, scraping up browned bits, about 4 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Hearty Lamb And Vegetable Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Tuna With Herbed Aioli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon Fillets With Creamy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Potato Salad With Blue... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Goat Cheese In Grape Leaves With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry-Orange Cheesecake With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bibb Lettuce Salad With Candied... 0/5 (0 Votes)