Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash (approximately 1 # each
- salt and papper
- 3 T olive oil, divided
- 4 links fresh turnkey sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 # fresh mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 C rice (white or brown if preferred)
- 2 C chicken broth (brown rice may take a little more moisture)
- 1/2 C grated fresh parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds, brush with oil, salt and papper, and bake on a baking sheet in a 450 degre oven for approximately 30 minutes until it is tender.
To a skillet, add 1 T oil and the onions and mushrooms. After they have browned remove them from the pan, set aside, and add the Italian Sausage to the pan and brown. Return the vegetables to the pan and add the rice, salt and papper, and chicken broth. Cook until the rice is tender and the moisture is absored.
After removing the squash from the oven, fill the cavity with the filling and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Return to the oven to bake until hot through anb the cheese is melted and browned.
You'll also love
- Veal Chops with Port Gorgonzola... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Spinach & Mushroom Chimichangas 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Buttermilk Cornbread 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Autumn Roasted Veggie Salad 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream with Salted... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Reboot - Meal - Roasted Acorn... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Acorn Squash with... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)