- 6 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons butter - (3/4 stick)
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups couscous - (abt 1 lb)
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds toasted
Bring broth to boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to very low; cover to keep hot.
Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; sauté until tender and light golden, about 8 minutes. Add turmeric and cumin; stir 1 minute. Add couscous; stir until coated with onion mixture. Mix in hot broth. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand until broth is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
Fluff couscous with fork. Season generously with salt and pepper. Mound on platter. Sprinkle with almonds.
This recipe yields 8 servings.