Goat Cheese In Grape Leaves With Tomato And Olive Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
- 12 large grape leaves from jar rinsed, patted dry, and stemmed
- 3 logs soft goat cheese - (4 to 5 oz ea) each cut
- crosswise into 4 rounds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 large tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup coarsely-chopped pitted
- oil-cured black olives - (abt 30)
- 6 slices crusty country-style white bread, 1/2" thk
Whisk 1/2 cup oil, thyme, and black pepper in small bowl to blend.
Arrange grape leaves, vein-side up, on work surface. Dip each cheese round into thyme oil and place in center of 1 grape leaf. Fold sides of leaves over cheese; fold up bottom and continue to roll up, enclosing cheese completely. Arrange wrapped cheeses, seam-side down, on platter. Brush lightly with some thyme oil. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead; keep chilled. Cover remaining thyme oil and store at room temperature.)
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, and mustard in small bowl to blend. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Slightly overlap tomato slices on large platter. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with half of olives.
Place wrapped cheese rounds on grill, seam-side down. Grill until cheese softens and leaves begin to char, about 2 minutes per side. Arrange cheeses atop tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining olives.
Brush bread slices with remaining thyme oil. Grill bread until beginning to brown, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes. Cut toasts diagonally in half. Serve cheese, passing toasts separately.
This recipe yields 12 appetizer servings.
You'll also love
- Figs And Dried Cherries Poached In... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cherry-Almond Fruitcake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn And Lobster Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheddar-Buttermilk Corn Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff With Tomatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Barbecued Rack Of Lamb With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna Salad On Olive Bread With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Chicken With Tomatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)