Fried Rice with Peas and Bean Sprouts
This takes a little time, but is well worth the effort! Not bad leftover, either.
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil (divided into 1 Tbl and 1/2 Tbl)
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (preferably baby peas), thawed
- 1 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 3 cups cooked white rice (cold), large clumps broken up with fingers
- 3 medium scallions, sliced thin (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts (can use canned)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Measure all ingredients ahead of time.
Combine oyster sauce and soy sauce in small bowl and set aside.
Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot, about 2 minutes. Add 1/2 tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat pan bottom. Add eggs and cook without stirring, until they just begin to set, about 20 seconds, then scramble and break into small pieces with wooden spoon. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are cooked through but not browned, about 1 minute longer. Transfer eggs to small bowl and set aside.
Return skillet to medium low heat add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat pan bottom. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Turn heat to medium - medium high. Add rice and oyster sauce mixture, cook stirring constantly, breaking up rice clumps, Add peas and cook until mixture is heated through, about 3 minutes.
Add eggs, scallions and bean sprouts and cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
216 per cup.
108 per 1/2 cup.