Corn And Lobster Chowder
- 2 frozen uncooked lobster tails - (10 oz ea) thawed (or 1 lb freshly-cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-size pieces)
- 8 cups frozen yellow corn kernels thawed
- 3 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 8 bacon slices chopped
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3/4 cup finely-diced peeled carrots
- 2/3 cup finely-diced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups bottled clam juice
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
If using thawed frozen lobster tails, cook in pot of boiling water until almost cooked through, about 6 minutes. Drain. Cool. Using kitchen shears, cut lobster shells open. Remove lobster meat; cut into bite-size pieces. Discard shells.
Puree 4 cups corn with 1 1/4 cups broth in processor until almost smooth.
Sauté bacon in large pot over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towels. Pour off and discard all but 3 tablespoons drippings from pot.
Add onions to pot; sauté until light golden, about 5 minutes. Add remaining 4 cups corn; sauté 3 minutes. Add carrots, celery, and cayenne; sauté until vegetables soften slightly, about 5 minutes. Add clam juice and 1 3/4 cups broth; simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in corn puree and whipping cream; simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Lobster, bacon, and soup can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill lobster and bacon separately. Cool soup slightly; chill uncovered until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Bring bacon to room temperature and bring soup to simmer before continuing.) Remove soup from heat; stir in sour cream.
Melt butter in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add lobster meat and sauté just until heated through, about 2 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish each serving with lobster pieces, bacon, and chives and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Chocolate And Coconut Cream Fondue 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken And White Bean Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheese- And Shrimp-Stuffed Roasted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheddar-Buttermilk Corn Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bibb Lettuce Salad With Candied... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Salmon With Cranberry-Thyme... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato-Basil Crab Bisque 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skillet Corn On The Cob With... 0/5 (0 Votes)