Chocolate And Coconut Cream Fondue
- 1 can sweetened cream of coconut - (15 oz) (such as Coco López)
- 12 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate finely chopped (do not use unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- Assorted fresh fruit (such as whole strawberries, 1"-thick
- slices banana, 1" cubes peeled cored pineapple, and tangerine segments)
Combine sweetened cream of coconut and 12 ounces chocolate in heavy large saucepan. Stir mixture over very low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in whipping cream and extract. (Fondue can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover; store at room temperature. Stir over low heat to rewarm before serving.)
Transfer mixture to fondue pot. Place over candle or canned heat burner. Serve with fruit for dipping.
This recipe yields 8 servings.