Make-Ahead White Chicken Lasagna
White chicken lasagna is is a great meal to make ahead. When having company over for dinner after a long work day this is the recipe to make.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1/2 cup Progresso® chicken broth
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 7 ounce Gouda cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 (12 ounce) container small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) package sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil sprigs or chopped basil leaves, if desired
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 4-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in bell pepper, celery, onion and garlic; cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Reduce heat to low. Add half-and-half, broth and cream cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Gradually add Gouda cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Remove from heat; set aside. In bowl, mix cottage cheese, 1/4 cup fresh basil and the egg until blended.
Spread 1 cup chicken mixture in baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture, 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once, starting with noodles. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
Heat oven to 350°Fahrenheit.
Bake lasagna covered 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 to 35 minutes longer or until noodles are tender and casserole is bubbly. Cover; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Garnish with basil sprigs.
You'll also love
- Perfect Pot Roast 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Skillet Teriyaki Chicken 4.2/5 (69 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup 4.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Casserole Lemon Cake 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Pot Pie 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Basil Cream Chicken 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Kevin's Famous Macaroni and Cheese 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta 5/5 (2 Votes)