Barbecued Chicken Pizza
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 large zucchini halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 large yellow crookneck squash halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese - (packed) abt 8 oz
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 fully-baked 10-oz thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 6 tablespoons purchased barbecue sauce
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to cutting board. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch dice; place chicken in large bowl.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to same skillet; sauté over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add zucchini and yellow squash; sauté until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer vegetable mixture to bowl with chicken and cool. Mix in cheese and 1/3 cup cilantro. Season topping to taste with salt and pepper.
Place pizza crust on large baking sheet. Spread 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce over crust. Top with chicken mixture. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons sauce. Bake pizza until heated through and cheese melts, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons cilantro and serve.
This recipe yields 4 main-course servings.
This terrific dish also works well as an appetizer if it's cut into bite-size pieces.