Apple-Cranberry Shortcakes With Cinnamon Cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoons golden brown sugar plus
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter cut 1/2" cubes
- 3/4 cup whole-milk yogurt
- 5 sweet apples peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment.
Combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in processor. Add 8 tablespoons butter; using on/off turns, cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer to large bowl. Add yogurt; mix with fork until dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
Turn dough out onto floured work surface. Knead 5 turns to combine. Roll into 12- by 5-inch rectangle. Cut into 10 squares. Arrange squares on prepared baking sheet, spacing apart. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool 15 minutes.
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples; sauté 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar. Add cranberries; sauté until cranberries pop, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer fruit to bowl. Add 1/3 cup cream to juices in skillet; boil until liquid reduces to 1/4 cup. Return fruit to skillet; stir to coat.
Beat 1 2/3 cups cream, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and vanilla extract in medium bowl to soft peaks. Cut shortcakes horizontally in half. Place 1 bottom half in each of 10 bowls. Top with fruit, cream, and shortcake tops.
This recipe yields 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Zucchini With Garlic And Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Mussels With Lemon-Saffron... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sorbet And Ice Cream Terrine With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry-Chocolate Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Grilled Sausages With Apples... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pear-Cranberry Crisp With Cinnamon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry, Tangerine, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)