Herbed Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, shucked
- 4 medium tomatoes, as ripe as possible
- 1/4 cup (or small handful) fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup (or small handful) fresh mixed herbs — like Italian parsley, basil, rosemary, sage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, chilled and crumbled
Bring a large pot of water to the boil over medium-high heat. Add the corn and boil for five minutes. Drain and let cool.
Meanwhile, chop the tomatoes in quarters and scrape or squeeze out the juices and seeds. (Reserve, if you want, for a future batch of tomato sauce, or to mix into cream cheese for a fresh sandwich spread.) Chop the seeded tomato quarters into a rough dice. Pat dry with a paper towel to remove any extra moisture.
When the corn has cooled, stand each ear up in a wide, shallow bowl and slice the corn kernels off with a chef's knife. Toss the corn with the tomatoes.
Finely mince the mint and herb leaves and toss with the vegetables, along with the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then crumble in the goat cheese and toss gently. Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Mahi-Mahi Skewers with Tapenade... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Cross Rib Roast 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Asparagus Casserole 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Mushroom Melt Breakfast Sandwich 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Stuffed Focaccia Bread With... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Southern Style Creamed Corn 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Corn Meal Crusted Red Snapper 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Asparagus and Tomato Salad with... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)