Tomato And Cucumber Sandwiches With Garlic-Anchovy Butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter - (1/2 stick) room temperature
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 focaccia - (10" by 8") cut 4 equal pieces, and each split horizontally
- 4 medium tomatoes sliced thin rounds
- 24 thin slices unpeeled English hothouse cucumber
- 16 thin red onion slices
- 4 heads baby lettuce - (like oakleaf) (or 4 curly lettuce leaves)
Combine butter, garlic, anchovy, and hot pepper sauce in bowl. Using back of fork, mash until mixture is almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in parsley.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Arrange bread pieces, cut-side down, directly on oven rack. Bake until bread is slightly crusty, about 5 minutes.
Arrange bread, cut-side up, on work surface. Spread cut sides with garlic-anchovy butter. Arrange tomatoes, cucumber, and onion on bottom halves of bread. Top with lettuce, then bread tops. Press to compact slightly. Cut sandwiches diagonally in half.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Grilled Peaches With Whipped Cream... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Coffee And Turron Ice Cream Torte... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Skillet Corn Bread With Red Bell... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Potato And Green Bean Salad... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tuna, White Bean, Roasted Pepper... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Soup With Parmesan... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ginger-Tomato Chutney 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Tuna With... 5/5 (1 Votes)