Sweet-And-Sour Brussels Sprouts With Fresh Dill
- 12 ounces large brussels sprouts trimmed, and halved through stem end
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canned crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cook brussels sprouts in large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; transfer to bowl of ice water to cool. Drain; pat dry.
Whisk vinegar, crushed tomatoes, sugar, and cornstarch in small bowl to blend. Bring brussels sprouts and broth to boil in medium saucepan. Add vinegar mixture and stir until sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Stir in dill and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl.
This recipe yields 4 servings.