Slow Cooker Arroz con Pollo
- 4 chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped (or chopped roasted red pepper)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced canned tomatoes
- 2 cups white rice
- 1/2 cup salsa
Adapted from southernfood.about.com
1. Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika. In skillet, heat oil over medium heat and brown chicken on all sides. Transfer the chicken to slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients, except rice and salsa. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours. One hour before serving, rinse peas in colander under warm water to thaw then add to crockpot.
3. In a saucepan, combine salsa and cooked rice. Serve chicken over rice.