- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (abt 6 oz plain chocolate wafers)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter - (3/4 stick) melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 container mascarpone cheese - (8 oz) (available at Italian markets and many supermarkets)
- 1/2 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 containers fresh raspberries - (1/2 pint ea)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
For Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in processor; process until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Bake crust until set, about 10 minutes. Cool crust completely on rack.
For Filling: Combine raspberries, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons water, and lemon juice in processor. Puree until smooth. Pour puree through strainer set over medium bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible; discard seeds in strainer.
Combine mascarpone, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in another medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat until mixture is smooth and stiff peaks form. Fold in raspberry puree. Spread filling evenly in cooled chocolate crust. Cover and refrigerate tart overnight.
For Topping: Arrange fresh raspberries in concentric circles atop tart. Stir raspberry preserves in heavy small saucepan over medium-low heat until melted to form glaze. Brush glaze over fresh raspberries. Refrigerate tart at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
Remove tart pan sides. Place tart on platter. Cut into wedges and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Test-kitchen tip: To make the crumbs for the crust, finely grind purchased plain chocolate wafer cookies in a processor.