Peaches In Brown Sugar With Rum Sauce And Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter - (1/2 stick)
- 6 tablespoons golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ripe peaches peeled, halved, pitted, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Vanilla or peach ice cream
Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add sugar and cinnamon and cook, stirring often, until sugar begins to dissolve (mixture may clump together). Add peaches and vanilla. Sauté until peaches are tender, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat. Stir in rum. Return skillet to heat and cook until sauce thickens, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Spoon peaches and sauce over ice cream.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You could also dress up breakfast by spooning these peaches over waffles.