Couscous with Squash, feta & almonds
- 1 acorn squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 c whole wheat couscous
- 1/3 c feta cheese
- 1/4 c raw whole almonds chopped
- 1/4 c pimiento stuffed olives chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, coarsely torn
- 3 tbsp chopped frsh mint
Peel squash and cut in half, seed and cut into 1/2" cubes to make about 3 1/2 cups.
In bowl, toss together squash, l tbsp each of oil and lemon juice, and spices. Roast on parchment paper lined baking sheet inn 400 oven, turning once, until tender, about 25 minutes. Let col to room temperature.
Meanwhile in saucepan, bring broth to boil, add couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork, let cool.
In large bowl, toss together couscous, feta, squash, almonds, olives, green onions, basil, mint and remaining oil and lemon juice, mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Parmesan-Basil Garlic Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hooter's Pasta Salad Top Secret... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sunshine Sweet Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Vodka and Smoked Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tortellini alla panna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Ravioli with Sage Cream Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vermont Maple-Pumpkin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)