Moroccan Garbanzo Bean And Feta Pitas
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Moroccan spice blend
- 1 can garbanzo beans - (15 oz) drained
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely-chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely-chopped seeded peeled cucumbers
- 1 cup coarsely-crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 whole pita bread rounds halved crosswise
- Plain yogurt
Whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, and Moroccan spice blend in medium bowl. Place drained garbanzo beans in large bowl and mix in enough vinaigrette to coat. Let stand 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Add tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, red onion, and parsley to garbanzo beans. Mix in enough vinaigrette to coat. Season bean salad to taste with salt and pepper. Fill pita halves with bean salad and top with dollop of yogurt. Place 2 pita halves on each of 4 plates; pass remaining vinaigrette separately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.