Penne with Tomatoes and Breadcrumbs
- 3 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes (preferably heirloom), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon finely grated garlic (from about 2 cloves)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups coarse fresh breadcrumbs (from about 1/2 baguette)
- 1 pound penne
- 2 to 3 ounces ricotta salata or Parmesan cheese, shaved, for serving
Combine tomatoes, 1/4 cup oil, garlic, and 2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl, and then season with pepper. Let stand at room temperature until tomatoes exude juices, at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss breadcrumbs with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread mixture in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, stirring halfway through, until breadcrumbs are toasted, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente; drain. Stir pasta into tomato mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Top with breadcrumbs, cheese, and a drizzle of oil.
You'll also love
- Avocado Lime Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BROILED TILAPIA WITH MUSHARD... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Skillet Amish... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Parmesan with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek feta and tomato pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken & Ravioli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ceci (Chickpeas) Sauce with Penne 0/5 (0 Votes)