Grilled Vidalia Onion Salad
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 8 vidalia onion bulbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 12 heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 hard cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh chives
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Rub 1 tbsp oil evenly over onions. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Grill 6 mins or until well marked and greens are tender, turning occasionally. Cool completely.
Combine dijon mustard and vinegar in small bowl, stirring with whisk. Gradually add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, stirring with whisk. Stir in parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper.
Arrange onions on plate with tomatoes. Drizzle vinaigrette over each salad and top with sliced eggs and minced chives.