Skillet Chicken & Ravioli
- 1 9 oz. pkg small cheese ravioli
- 2 tbsp EVOO plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/4 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. white mushrooms, halved
- 1 c halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 c chicken broth
- 2 tbsp grated parm cheese
- 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley, basil or a combination
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 30mins
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the ravioli and cook as the label directs; drain, then drizzle with olive oil and toss.
Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken; cook, undisturbed, until beginning to brown, about 2 mins. Continue to cook, stirring, 1 more min. Transfer to a plate.
Heat the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook, undisturbed, until browned in spots, about 2 mins. Season with salt and continue to cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 more mins. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic and vinegar and cook until the tomatoes begin to soften, about 2 mins. Return the chicken to the skillet, then add the ravioli, broth and parmesan; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 mins. Top with parsley.