German Potato Salad With Bacon-Vinegar Dressing And Dill
- 2 1/4 pounds medium red-skinned potatoes unpeeled, and cut into 1/4"-thick slices
- 6 bacon slices chopped
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grained mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Steam potatoes until tip of knife easily pierces center of slices, about 10 minutes. Transfer to large bowl. Cover with foil.
Sauté bacon in large skillet over medium heat until brown, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels. Discard all but 2 1/2 tablespoons drippings.
Heat drippings in skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Whisk in next 6 ingredients. Simmer until mixture is reduced to 2/3 cup, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add potatoes to skillet and toss to coat with dressing. Let stand 3 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped bacon and fresh dill; toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer potato salad to serving platter. Serve warm.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Fried Green Tomato 'BLT' 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Fish Marinated In Garlic,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild-Mushroom And Potato Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Scaloppine Saltimbocca 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Soy-Ginger Beef And Noodle Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Pork With Mojo Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Potatoes Tossed In... 0/5 (0 Votes)