Creamy Potatoes And Onions
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 white boiling onions - (abt 9 oz total) thinly sliced
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes peeled, and cut into 1/2" to 3/4" cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche (or whipping cream)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Melt 1 tablespoon butter with oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and 2 cups water; bring to boil.
Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Uncover and simmer until almost all water evaporates, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add crème fraîche and 1 tablespoon butter. Stir gently to blend, being careful not to break up potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over low heat before serving.) Sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Chopped Salad With Chicken,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate-Orange Biscotti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chili-Roasted Game Hens With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato Polenta Tartlets... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beet And Cucumber Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Chicken With Caramelized... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Beef Sandwiches,... 0/5 (0 Votes)