French Onion Soup
- 1 loaf French bread
- 3 medium onions, chopped (4 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope Lipton onion soup
- 2 (10.5 ounce) beef bouillon soup
- 1 teaspoon instant bouillon
- 1/2 pound domestic Swiss cheese, sliced
Cut bread into 6 slices and toast in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, until toasted.
Sauté onions in butter until soft.
In pot, stir together flour, wine, water and soups/bouillon. Simmer for 1 hour.
Place bread slices in ovenproof soup bowls. Pour in soup. Top with 2-3 slices of cheese. Place bowls under broiler until cheese melts.