Crab Cakes with Apricot Sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce
- 2 6 ounce cans cooked crab meat, drained, flaked and cartiledge removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup apricot fruit spread
- 1 teaspoon Chinese-style hot mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Sliced heirloom tomatoes (optional)
- Fresh dill (optional)
Adapted from bhg.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crab cakes, in a large bowl combine eggs, 1 cup of the panko, green onion, mayonnaise, Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce. Fold in crabmeat. Shape into four cakes, about 1 1/4 inches thick. Place remaining panko in a shallow bowl. Add crab cakes; lightly coat on both sides.
2. In a very large nonstick oven-safe skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden on both sides, turning once. Place skillet in oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
3. Meanwhile, for Apricot Sauce, in a small microwave-safe bowl stir together apricot fruit spread, mustard, and ground ginger. Microwave on high (100 percent power) for 20 to 30 seconds or until heated through.
4. Spoon Apricot Sauce over crab cakes. Serve with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with fresh dill, if desired.
You'll also love
- Mom's Tortellini Soup 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Flank Steak with Black... 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Olive Oil, Garlic, and Peperoncini... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Spiced Ginger Peach Jam 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Thick and Creamy New England Clam... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Fresh Kiwi Summer Roll 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Red Lobster Shrimp Alfredo 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Hot Crab Dip 4.7/5 (19 Votes)