Clams In Garlic Sauce
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pieces dried guajillo chili with seeds - (2" ea) thinly sliced (available at Latin American markets and some supermark
- 3 pounds Manila clams scrubbed
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dry Sherry
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic, bay leaves, and guajillo chili; sauté until onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Add clams and sauté 2 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup parsley. Add Sherry and lemon juice.
Increase heat to medium-high, cover, and simmer until clams open (discard any that do not open), about 8 minutes. Transfer clams to shallow bowl.
Boil sauce until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over clams. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Chicken With Cranberry-Mustard... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Jamaican Jerk Burgers With... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey Breast Stuffed With... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Steak In... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp And Mushrooms In Spicy... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlic And Saffron Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fried Rice With Shrimp And Ham 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Portuguese-Style Haddock Stew with... 4/5 (2 Votes)