- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Wesson oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 box Duncan Hines white cake mix
- 1 small box strawberry Jello
- 1 pkg frozen strawberries, drained
- (reserve juice for icing)
- Combine Jello, eggs, water and oil with cake mix. Beat on high for two minutes. Add strawberries; mix well. Pour into a greased sheet cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
1 box confectioner’s sugar
1 stick butter, creamed
Reserved berry juice
Cream butter well with mixer; do not melt. Add butter to sugar. Add berry juice as needed to obtain spreading consistency. Beat on low speed until well blended. Ice cake and allow to set.
To make the mini stack cakes, I bake in a jelly roll pan which I had lined with parchment paper. When done and cooled, cut circles with a biscuit cutter. Split layers. Spread icing between layers, stacking three layers; ice sides and top; garnish with a fresh strawberry.