Beet And Cucumber Salad With Creamy Horseradish Dressing
- 2 large beets trimmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 1/2 teaspoons Champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons prepared white horseradish
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 bunches watercress tough stems trimmed
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 16 unpeeled 1/3"-thk rounds of
- English hothouse cucumber
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap beets in foil. Bake until tender when pierced with fork, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool. Peel beets. Cut each beet into 8 rounds.
Whisk sour cream, 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar, horseradish, and sugar in bowl to blend. Season dressing with salt and pepper. (Beets and dressing can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately and chill.)
Toss watercress with corn oil and remaining 4 teaspoons vinegar in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide watercress among 4 plates. Overlap beet slices and cucumber slices atop each. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Baked Eggplant Marinara 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichoke-Prosciutto Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Salad With Cucumbers,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber And Watermelon Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beet, Cucumber, And Sweet Onion... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Green Bean, Red Onion, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Prime Rib With Madeira Sauce... 0/5 (0 Votes)