Apple-Prune Crisp With Hazelnut Topping
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large Granny Smith apples - (abt 20 oz) peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes chopped
- 1/3 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter - (1/2 stick) diced, and at room temperature
- 1 cup hazelnuts toasted, chopped
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
For Filling: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 8-inch glass baking dish.
Mix both sugars, flour, and cinnamon in large bowl. Mix in apples, then prunes. Let mixture stand 5 minutes. Transfer filling to prepared dish. Bake until beginning to bubble at edges, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare Topping: Mix first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Add butter; using fingertips, rub in until moist clumps form. Rub in hazelnuts.
Scatter topping over filling. Continue baking until topping is golden and juices are bubbling thickly, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Apple And Dried-Cherry Lattice Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)