Prejean’s Famous Crawfish Enchiladas
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 1/4 cups canned Rotel tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons Blonde Roux
- 8 ounces Velveeta Cheese, shredded
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
In a skillet over high heat melt butter. Add onion and pepper and sauté until transparent. Add Rotel tomatoes and simmer 2 minutes. Add cayenne, black pepper, salt, garlic, and chili powder and stir well.
• Add crawfish and simmer 3 minutes. Add cream and roux. Stir continuously while bringing to a boil. Remove from heat and add Velveeta cheese. Allow to cool completely.
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees
• Fill crawfish mixture into tortillas and roll. Place in greased baking pan and top with cheddar cheese.
• Bake 7 minutes or until golden brown. Top with remaining mixture as desired.
This recipe makes 12 enchiladas - Top with Prejean’s Enchilada Sauce to complete this dish.