Sesame-Crusted Ahi Tuna With Ginger Dressing and Bok Choy
Makes 4 servings.
- For the ginger dressing:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut oil (can substitute olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a non-reactive bowl; whisk until well blended. Chill or serve at room temperature.
- For the tuna and bok choy:
- 4 sushi-grade ahi tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 4 baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Sprinkle tuna on all sides with about half the salt and all the pepper. Drizzle all sides with sesame oil. Pour sesame seeds into a shallow dish. Press tuna firmly into the seeds, coating all sides. Fill a large bowl with ice and cold water.
Bring a medium stockpot two-thirds full of water to a boil; add remaining salt. Blanche bok choy 1 minute. With slotted spoon, transfer bok choy to the ice-water bath. When it is completely chilled, drain and set aside.
Preheat a grill to medium-high. Just before grilling, oil the grate where you will place the fish. Grill tuna about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat; let rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high. Place drained bok choy cut-side-down in pan. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until cut side is golden brown. Remove from heat.
Divide bok choy among four plates. Rest each fish portion against the bok choy on each plate. Drizzle with ginger dressing. Serve warm or chilled.
You'll also love
- Sea Scallops with Sherry Cream... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped, Cream Cheese... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Creme Crecy. Carrot soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Salmon Topped with Spinach, Bacon,... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Catfish-Baked with Shrimp Sauce 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Tuna Crescent Roll 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Asian Chicken with Bok... 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Hoisin-Drenched Garlic Seitan with... 0/5 (0 Votes)