Grilled Pineapple & Cucumber Salad
An amazing combination of textures and flavors create this visually stunning and delicious salad. The perfect dish for your next backyard barbecue or luau, this salad hits all the right notes.
- 1 small pineapple, halved
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 red hot pepper (Thai chili, jalapeno), seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons mint, rough chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, rough chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced garlic (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cut pineapple in half with a sharp knife. Using a paring knife, carefully remove the core. With a mellow baller hallow out one half to create a serving bowl and set aside. Trim the top and the outer layer off of the other half and removed the core, keeping the fruit in a large piece.
Heat grill to medium. Place the pineapple bowl face down on the grill for about 5 minutes or until grill marks have formed on the top. Grill the large pieces of pineapple for about 5 minutes on each side or until slightly tender. Allow the pineapple bowl and grilled fruit to cool.
Seed and dice cucumber and pepper and place in a large mixing bowl. Dice pineapple and onion and add to the mixture. Rough chop the mint and cilantro and toss with the salad.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, and salt & pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Spoon into pineapple bowl to serve. Refill the bowl as needed.
You'll also love
- Individual Beef Wellingtons 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Bloomin Onion Sauce PRINT 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Bars 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Appley Keilbasa 4.1/5 (62 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Kale Cucumber Pineapple Smoothie 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Quick Pickle - Cucumbers and Onions 4.6/5 (30 Votes)