Steak De Burgo
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - (1 stick)
- 6 large garlic cloves thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, abt 1" thk - (6 to 8 oz ea)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Melt butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let garlic butter stand 2 hours at room temperature.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Place pan of garlic butter at edge of grill to rewarm.
Transfer steaks to plates. Spoon garlic butter over. Sprinkle with herbs and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.