Spicy Chutney Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bottle chili sauce - (12 oz)
- 1 jar mango chutney - (9 to 10 oz)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (preferably habañero pepper)
Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir 1 minute. Stir in chili sauce, chutney, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard; bring to boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture is reduced to 2 3/4 cups, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Stir in hot pepper sauce. Transfer sauce to bowl; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
This recipe yields about 2 3/4 cups.