Roast Beef Sandwiches, Sweet-And-Sour Onions, Blue Cheese
- 2 cups thinly-sliced red onions
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 large soft whole-grain rolls toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 12 tomato slices
- 8 ounces thinly-sliced roast beef
- 2 cups small watercress sprigs - (packed)
Combine onions, vinegar, and sugar in medium bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let stand until onions are soft, tossing occasionally, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
Place bottom halves of rolls on work surface. Sprinkle with cheese. Top each with 3 tomato slices, then 1/4 of roast beef. Top each with 1/2 cup watercress, then 1/4 of pickled onions. Cover with tops of rolls. Cut each sandwich in half.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 341; total fat, 11 g; saturated fat, 5 g; cholesterol, 67 mg.
You'll also love
- Raspberry-Pecan Blondies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Gratins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Salad With Roasted Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poblano Corn Chowder With Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Sausage, Tomatoes, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mozzarella And Prosciutto Pizza... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin With... 0/5 (0 Votes)