Piperade Salad With Olives
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion halved, sliced
- 2 large red bell peppers cut 1/2"-wide strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper cut 1/2"-wide strips
- 1 large green bell pepper cut 1/2"-wide strips
- 2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup coarsely-chopped pitted Kalamata olives ( or other brine-cured black olives)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced garlic and stir 30 seconds. Add red onion slices and sauté until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
Add all peppers and sauté until crisp-tender, about 7 minutes.
Stir in Sherry wine vinegar, then olives. Season salad generously with salt and pepper. Cool completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
This recipe yields 8 servings.