Tomato Orange Soup
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for garnish
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, baking soda and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered for about 15 minutes until slightly thickened.
Let cool ... 30-45 minutes.
Puree the mixture. Strain through a sieve (optionally) and return to the saucepan. Stir in the orange juice and the cream. Bring to a simmer and adjust the seasonings.
Put the sour cream in a plastic bag and snip off one corner. Ladle the soup into serving bowls and pipe a sour cream decoration onto the top.
You'll also love
- Nilaga Baboy (Boiled Pork w/... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dutch Apple Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chunky Pumpkin Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chewy Date Nut Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fruit and Broccoli Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Orange Trifle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken with Mushrooms and Tomatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tracy's Tomato soup 0/5 (0 Votes)