Peach And Blackberry Tart With Oatmeal-Cookie Crust
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray as needed
- 2 cups oatmeal-cookie crumbs (made from abt 32 crispy oatmeal cookies)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2/3 cup peach or apricot nectar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 2/3 cups coarsely-chopped peeled peaches
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups large blackberries
For crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 10-inch-diameter fluted tart pan with removable bottom with nonstick spray. Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter in medium bowl until moist clumps form. Press dough evenly over bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Bake until dry, about 10 minutes. Cool crust completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover tightly with foil. Let stand at room temperature.)
For filling: Whisk nectar, sugar, and cornstarch in heavy medium saucepan until smooth. Add half of peaches and lemon juice. Using potato masher, mash to coarse puree. Simmer over medium heat until mixture is thick, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Cool completely.
Fold in remaining peaches. Spread filling evenly in crust. Arrange blackberries around top edge of tart. Refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours and up to 6 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Pasta With Sausage, Tomatoes, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Lobster, Wild... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oranges Poached In Riesling And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange And Ginger Mayonnaise 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mixed-Berry Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Curried Couscous, Vegetables,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pear-Cranberry Crisp With Cinnamon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut-Peach Layer Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)