Mushroom And Roasted Red Pepper Tortilla
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound russet potatoes peeled, and cut into 3/4" pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped drained roasted red peppers from a jar
- 8 large eggs beaten to blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Heat 1/4 cup oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes; simmer in oil 3 minutes. Add onion; sauté until potatoes and onion are almost soft, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; sauté until vegetables are soft, about 7 minutes. Add red peppers; sauté 4 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to large bowl. Cool slightly. Wipe out skillet.
Preheat broiler. Stir eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into vegetables. Heat 1/4 cup oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add egg mixture; cook without stirring until just beginning to brown on bottom, about 3 minutes. Cover skillet; cook until eggs are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Uncover and broil until top is brown, about 3 minutes.
Slide spatula around edges and under tortilla to loosen. Slide tortilla onto large plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 4 servings.