Baked Southwestern Corn Dip
- 1 can (15oz) yellow corn kernels
- 1 can (1-1/1oz) sliced black olives
- 1 can (4oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium fresh jalapeno pepper (or about 2Tbl chopped)
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, optional
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Colby Cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Mayo
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Drain corn, olives and chilies. Place drained vegetables in medium mixing bowl/
Cut jalapeno in ½ and remove ribs and seeds. Finely chop the pepper and add it to the bowl. (Wear rubber gloves when handling pepper or avoid touching eyes for 24 hours)
If using, finely dice and add red peppers to bowl. Add both cheeses and mayo. Stir well.
Spray 2 quart baking dish with Pam. Place dip into dish and smooth top. Bake until top is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven; serve warm with tortilla chips. Makes about 3 cups.
Note: Reduced Fat Mayo can be used; it’s better with “real”mayo!