Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions
- 1 1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes scrubbed, unpeeled
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes scrubbed, unpeeled
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter - (1/2 stick) room temperature
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cut all potatoes into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Set steamer rack in pot. Add enough water to pot to reach depth of 1 inch; bring to boil. Place potatoes on rack. Cover pot and steam potatoes until tender, about 30 minutes.
Remove potatoes and steamer rack from pot. Discard water in pot. Return potatoes to pot. Add half-and-half, green onions, and butter. Mash until almost smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Lobster Rolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lime Mousse With Lime-Vanilla Syrup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemongrass Tofu With Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Javanese Roasted Salmon And Wilted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grits With Shrimp And Roasted Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butter Lettuce Salad With Oranges... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato, Apple, And Sage... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes And Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)