Pea Soup with Ham
From BHG magazine
- 2 medium leeks,white parts sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 19-oz. cans ready to serve green spilt pea soup w/bacon
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1. In a large saucepan cook leeks in hot oil over medium heat for 3 minutes or until just tender.Remove a few leeks with a slotted spoon and set aside.Stir in soup,apple juice,carrots,ham,and pepper.Bring to boiling.Reduce heat and simmer,covered,15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
2. ladle into serving bowls and top with reserved leeks.