Javanese Roasted Salmon And Wilted Spinach
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - (1 stick) plus
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in
- 2 teaspoons water
- 8 salmon fillets - (7 oz ea)
- 2 bags baby spinach - (6 oz ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt 1/2 cup butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add crushed red pepper and garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sugar; whisk until mixture is melted and smooth and begins to bubble, about 4 minutes. Whisk in lime juice and soy sauce. Increase heat and boil until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 2 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture and boil until thick, about 3 minutes. Set sauce aside.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over high heat. Working in batches, cook salmon until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to baking sheet. Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over each fillet. Roast until fish is opaque in center, about 5 minutes.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add spinach and toss until wilted but still bright green, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Using tongs, divide spinach among 8 plates. Top each with salmon fillet; drizzle with remaining sauce and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Spicy sauces with sweet-and-sour flavors are popular in Javanese food and, in this case, pair deliciously with salmon.
You'll also love
- Guacamole With Lime And Roasted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grits With Shrimp And Roasted Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Mahimahi With Lime-Ginger... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Eggplant Parmesan 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Polenta With Gorgonzola And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butter Lettuce Salad With Oranges... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Snapper With Thyme, Tomatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sugar-Seared Salmon With Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)